Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2012 F250sd 6.7 l The dealer tpld me that it

Customer Question

I have a 2012 F250sd 6.7 l The dealer tpld me that it required a HP fuel pump. I decided to tackle it myself. I founf no filings in the rails or anywhere in any lines. the filters were also clean (no filings) the pump did have filings under the solonoid. I replaced the HP fuel pump , reassembled everything they took apart. blead the system, the fuel pressure on rail A while cranking goes up to 81000 with a ststic pressure of 27000. The engine turns over fast but does not even attempt to fire. Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Did you time the pump when you installed it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did I lined up the marks before i removed it and installed it with the 2 lines mating to the 1 line. I also removed the rails and dumped out the fuel on white paper towel and I didn't see any contamination. I also did the same to the lines to and from the pump. I cut open the secondary filter and found no aluminium. the fuel pump pressure and flow at the secondary filter is 1 litre in 10 sec and pressure is 100 psi. When I cracked the pressure feed line at the rail none of the pressures dropped on my scanner. MAC Mentor 5.o
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Fuel rail pressure needs to be 5000 to start the vehicle and should not exceed 30,000psi total under heavy load. Does your scan tool clean fuel injector pump values under a special functions?