A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 2012 Fusion bought used with only one key. Using

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Fusion bought used with only one key. Using that key, I activated My Key features (big mistake) and now there seems to be no way to deactivate it unless you have a method. Thanks! Steve
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Since you only have the one key and it is now a MY KEY, you will need a second key and then have both of them reprogramed to the vehicle to make both of them administrator key. You cannot change a MY KEY back to a standard key without an administrator key. Below is a section from the owners manual of your vehicle to help explain this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a copy of the owner's manual already and have gone through it thoroughly. I am not going to pay for another copy of the owner's manual, thank you.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
You did read on page 100 where it states "Lost the only admin key" in the symptom chart and it states "Purchase a new key from your
authorized dealer".
Also on page 98 at the top of the page where the topic heading reads,
Clear MyKey, and step one states to "Turn the vehicle on using the admin key." which you no longer have since the only key is a MY KEY.