James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have an E450 w/6.0 powerstroke. There is no activity to

Customer Question

Hi, I have an E450 w/6.0 powerstroke. There is no activity to fuel pump relay. I have positive but no negative to the relay. Is this a PCM issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Can you please send me the vin so I can get the correct wore diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1FD4E45P68DB59248
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
When you turn the key to the on position the PCM relay will send power to the fuel pump relay. Fuse 13 is the fuel pump fuse itself on the switch side. The PCM ground is a light blue and orange wire. I would first replace the PCM power relay as they are known to fail over time to make sure this isn't your concern. If the vehicle runs when the fuel pump is jumped you can ground the light blue and orange wire. The only issue is it will run anytime the key is in the on position. Hopefully this information helps.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.