Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have a 2003 ford e250 replaced trans now 4 codes have shown

Customer Question

Have a 2003 ford e250 replaced trans now 4 codes have shown up this is the second trans.Overdrive light keeps coming on and it dies when it is shifting can you advise on this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Is this a 4R70 or 4R100 transmission?

Which codes are stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4r70 dont no what codes it also shuts off when shifting from 1rst to 2nd amd speedometer jumping up and down mechanic is confused he scanned

The speedometer not working correct can be to blame for the shifting issues. For the transmission to stall the engine, the converter clutch has to lock up when not commanded, but that can only stall the engine when not moving. The transmission trying to engage 2 gears at once from a valve body or one way clutch issue can stall the engine at any speed. I would need the codes to help more.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
figured it bout thanks

Glad its resolved.