James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Lost power on my gages truck starts and runs but gas pedal

Customer Question

lost power on my gages truck starts and runs but gas pedal is unresponsive just idles 2000 350 4x4 7 .3
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Is this an automatic transmission?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If you remove fuse 19 it should be blown. This happens when the shifter lever wiring chaff and short this fuse out. This will leave the vehicle in an idle only mode without gauges working. One you replace the fuse and repair or replace the shifter wiring it will correct your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.