Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2006 focus 2.0 that has p2004 code I have checked

Customer Question

I have a 2006 focus 2.0 that has p2004 code
I have checked and I have vacuum at the imrc solenoid. I have applied vacuum to the imrc actuator and it does open and close the valves. I have 12 volts at the imrc solenoid. I need a bit more guidance at this point.
Thank You, Jeff
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you follow the steps below?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Chris,
Thank you for your assistance. In reference to HU22 checking for ohms on actuator coil. There are 3 wires going to the actuator. Do you know the color coding of the wires so I know which to test?
Jeff

See the links below.