James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Slow fueling 2004 f 150

Customer Question

slow fueling 2004 f 150
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Slow fuel filling is caused by a plugged carbon canister. The fuel vapors vent through the canister where they are held and eventually cycled through the engine. Dirt gets into the vent and plugged the fresh air hose. When it gets to this point the only thing you can do is replace the carbon canister and fresh air hose. This will fix your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.