Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My wind star was running perfect until my gas gauge stayed

Customer Question

My wind star was running perfect until my gas gauge stayed at about 1/8full. It always worked fine. The van ran out of gas with it 1/8 full. Put gas in and seemed fine. But a week later it just stopped but after 20 minutes it started and worked fine for another week and stopped again but started in a couple minutes. Two weeks go by and it stopped , had gas in it but would not start. I believe the fuel pump is fine .it has not started for two days. What can be problem, fuel relay switch?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The problem does sound like a fuel pressure concern and even if you think the fuel pump is okay it would still be a good idea to install a fuel pressure gauge to the service port and monitor the fuel pressure, normal pressure on a good working pump should be right at 32 to 45 PSI. I would check it to at least rule it out. Post back the results and we can work from there.