Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

Rear power window pulses and goes down slowly and needs to

Customer Question

Rear power window pulses and goes down slowly and needs to be pulled up by your hands?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rear power window pulses and goes down slowly and needs to be pulled up by your hands? These two questions are two different problems for a 94 Ford Explorer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rear power window pulses and goes down slowly and needs to be pulled up by your hands, for a 94 Ford Explorer?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by "pulses"? And can you also push the window down or just pull it up ?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

And which window left or right

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I moves in small increments electronically and yes it able to move by hand up and down. Rear Pass...power window btw
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you can go back to the window and move it up and down by hand that tells me the window regulator is the issue. Put your ear against the door and operate the switch and listen , if you continuously hear the motor buzzing then the regulator is the issue for sure. Try that and let me know. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a steady surge as if its going down, i have the door panel off anything i can see? its does make a pulsating sound(s) as its going down
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

If you hear the motor moving but no window movement then the issue is for sure a regulator. I'll send over a picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lou the window does go down in small increments, slowly
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link

http://www.speedyracer.com/Rear-LH-RH-Window-Regulator-W-O-MOTOR-for-91-94-Ford-Explorer-***-***-****41-?gclid=CJKB9a75o8cCFQ6raQodDG4E0w

The cables go the a plastic or metal box that the motor bolts to. The long rod that the cables go to is the main part the window slides up and down on. The plastic part in the center is what the window bolts to , the gears are plastic so when they break you can hear crunching or popping noises when operating. Hope this information helps

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok but you should never be able to move the window by hand up or down , if you can that tells me the regulator is bad OR the window glass came out of the regulator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ill look ty
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Let me know what I can do to help , Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was my thought but not out of the regulator weird possibly broken plastic gears which is why it pulses downward
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Weird things Happen when a regulate goes bad. I have seen all sorts of different results. The main thing is A- do you hear the motor moving and B- can you move the window by hand. Result is always loose glass or failed regulator.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello , any progress ? Let me know what I can do to help. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah now my Front pass window is doing it, too funny. It looks like the plastic bushings that contain the window are just stretched and shot. Time for Betsy to have her day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless those can be replaced,I doubt it but it's not the regulator per say nor the motor.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

If you can upload a few pictures I can help a little better but the regulator is 99% of all window issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I buy the plastic bushing if we think that is thew problem?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

No. The whole regulator must be replaced.