Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have an 08 F-350 6.4 When towing my trailor I have normal

Customer Question

Hi I have an 08 F-350 6.4 When towing my trailor I have normal boost until the motor is up to operating temp. When it is under load i can only get arount 18 of boost works fine and lots of power when the motor is cool.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Does this ever occur not towing?

How much weight and at what speed, and what is the road condition when this occurs?

Any warning lights on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it only occurs when working the motor. Going against the wind or driving up hills and when the motor gets hot. It has never done it when driving unloaded. Service engine light goes on and off by itself. I was able to read codes P1000 and P0088 last night.

TSB 12-7-7 states when you only have P0088 stored to reprogram the PCM to resolve the loss of power issues. Has this been done by your loacl dealer?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the fuel filters and cleared the code. The truck now has a noticeable difference in power but I haven't tried towing with it. If this code re appears I will take it to a dealer and do what you recommend. Thanks for your help Moose.Todd

Your welcome