Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 94 f-150nwith 63K miles on it, it sat over the

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Perry. I have a 94 f-150nwith 63K miles on it, it sat over the winter and when I fired it up this spring the check engine light came on. I bought a code reader and it pulled up 327 and 565. I just checked the green vac line at the egr, does not appear to have any vac, traced the green line back to a little balck vertical valve type unit with a pig electrical pig tail attached to it. The green line attaches just above a yellowish line, there is vac on the yellowish line but no vac at the nipple for the green line?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The common cause for the code 327 to set is usually due to a failing EVP (EGR valve position ) sensor mounted to the top of the EGR valve. You should not have vacuum at the engine with the engine running at idle. To test the EVP run the steps in the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Code%20327%20Aug%204.pdf
The code 565 can be set due to any of the following,
Canister Purge Solenoid
Canister Purge Solenoid Wiring
Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Driver. In order to determine the cause run through the steps in the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Purge%20valve%20Aug%204.pdf