A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I was traveling down the road when I had to stop 5 - 10 min.

Customer Question

I was traveling down the road when I had to stop for about 5 - 10 min. While waiting my fuel injected ford 1998 or 1999 Taurus, died. I tried restarting it several times but no go. It was a hot clear day The temp. was 97 to 101 degrees out. After about 30 to 40 minutes I tried to restart it....And it worked...?? I attached a trouble shooting meter to it and got an error code of ISP 9141, fault 01 and an error code of P7505 "Trans Range sensor ckt malfunction". Could this have killed my car? A got a fuel filter to replace for fear it was a fuel problem.....Can you help me
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
I doubt the transmission range sensor was the problem. More than likely, from your description, the problem is the fuel pump in the fuel tank. They are electrical motors. When they heat up, they internally short out and the motor bindings up in the housing. Then once it cools down, the pump motor starts to work again. But the fuel pump is the problem.