James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have 2008 6.4 4X4 will not start, i tried tting starter

Customer Question

I have 2008 6.4 4X4 will not start, i tried hitting starter with main wire by the passenger side battery and nothing, checked all fuses. i put my code reader on it and it shows u0155,pc132,p100. not sure which way to go on this trouble shooting
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked engine compartment and fuse box inside the cab, even tried anther key in case the PATS system was doing this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my egr has been deleted for two years and my reg. I do not have a tuner on it, and i have never had any issues like this, i took it to ford three weeks ago to have my ac repaired and since then i have had a few issues but nothing like this
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, was anything else done besides the AC before this happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No a few months ago I changed water pump and power steering pump
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a test light to test the starter. We can test if the starter is good or if it needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I test the starter with a test light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried using the line by the battery to hit starter directly and it acted like it grounded out and did nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried putting power directly to the starter using the main wire by the passenger side battery, it did nothing could it be the starter with no other sign of trouble just go out.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If you applied direct battery power then the starter is out and will need to be replaced. I think that is going to be your only concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to replace the starter thanks
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.