Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Earl: Thanks to JustAnswer. What's your name? And what is

Customer Question

Earl: Hi, I'm Earl. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. What's your name? And what is your issue regarding? Customer: placed the wrong fuse in the passenger visor/mirror light; now windows don't work, radio no power. ford freestyle 2006 fuses are all good. relays? please help. thanks! Earl: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue? Customer: The light in the passenger's mirror (under sun visor) went out so I tried replacing the fuse; apparently wrong fuse: smelled a slight burn, and yanked it out. Next morning radio and power windows weren't working. Went to Autozone and a guy checked all the fuses (in the fuse bow under the hood and the fuses under the steering wheel); he said all fuses are fine and suggested a blown relay. I know squat about cars and electronics; not sure how to approach situation/solution. Thanks! Earl: OK got it. Last thing -- Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). But there are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit? Customer: sure Earl: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Do you have a multimeter to do any testing or are you just wanting a well educated guess or what? You say you know squat about cars so Im not sure I can be a whole lot of help. I can look over a diagram and have you swap out a relay possibly but for the most part its going to require some testing.