Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2008 F250. Changed the batteries and now XM radio

Customer Question

I have a 2008 F250. Changed the batteries and now XM radio is stuck on channel 058 and no sound am/fm and cd have sound and work fine. I pulled the 4x4/satellite radio module fuse and let it sit for about 5 minutes and no help
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also called XM radio and had refresh signal sent to the radio multiple times. still no luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected the batteries for about 10 minutes still stuck on channel 58 and it says call sirius
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

-

Fords radios and satt radio systems are very fickle and can be damaged by removing battery power and then giving it back, I have seen this many times before, , in your case this is what it sound like , I would have told you too to remove power from the truck for 5 min and then put it back to see if it reset the satt system , but it looks like you did this , so the problem is internal in the satt module and it has to be replaced to fix the problem,

-

but you have other choices , you can go after market , and get a add on satt radio system , with will be much cheaper ,

-

if the truck has a AUX input for the radio , then you can down load the satt radio app to your smart phone and listen to satt radio through the smart phone to the AUX input on the radio ,

-

or you can replace the ford satt radio module with a new or used one , e-bay has some , and its located under the drivers side of the dash by the e-brake , its a 4x6 metal box with one connector and one antenna wire connector to it ,

-

we can go back and forth on this page

-

Chris

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look into a new sat module
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.

good luck

-

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will let you know if the sat module takes care of it. It may be a few weeks for me to get back to you. I know these things are not cheap.
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.

ok, sounds good

-

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a satellite module from a junk yard and installed it and that fixed the problem. A suggestion for anyone that has a dead battery on the ford diesel is to find the module and disconnect it before changing the batteries.