Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2008 Taurus x awd. code P0715 pops up daily, after

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Taurus x awd. code P0715 pops up daily, after we stop we can not drive as the car is in high gear. What sensor would I need to change and how would I do it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The sensor in question would be the Turbine Shaft Speed sensor. I am attaching a TSB for you to read through on this as well as replacement instructions on that sensor.

Also check over the transmission wiring harness real well to make sure no wires are chafed or broken before replacing the sensor.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I see the part. I have remove the screw and am draining the fluid. Does that wire pull our or do I have to remove the side cover on the transmission?

You have to remove the "Main Control Cover" which is the side cover you mention.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will that gasket be reusable?

It should be as long as you dont damage it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what will I need to know to pull that side cover off?

Here are the instructions on that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you! I notice that they recommend new bolt for the transmission cooler. It that a special bolt or type of metal? Also when I pull the main control cover will I have much slack with the tss wire to work with?

You can safely ignore that and reuse the bolt. You will have enough slack to work with.. not a lot.