Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2000 f250 7.3 with the 4r100 automatic. I'm

Customer Question

I have a 2000 f250 7.3 with the 4r100 automatic. I'm having two problems. 1. I have a chirping sound from under the truck in 2nd and 3rd at around 1500 - 2000 rpm. It increases in volume and speed with the rpms. But quiet in park, idle, and reverse. 2.
When i first start driving. There is an ear shattering screeching at around 10-15 psi then stops after a mile or so of driving. I've tried letting it sit for 10 minutes or so and doesn't make a difference. But once it goes away it doesn't come back till after
its sat for a few hours. Please help, I'm going crazy.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the u-joints? it sounds like one may be getting dry and just about seized up.