Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

We changed the fuel pump on a 2001 mustang now it wont start

Customer Question

we changed the fuel pump on a 2001 mustang now it wont start and flashes anti theft
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we also changed to computer module under the hood that controls the fuel pump as well as had the keys reprogrammed by a locksmith. the care turns over but flashes antitheft
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

If the theft light is flashing with the key in the run position, that means the programming did not take, or the battery voltage is low, or the PCM is bad, or the PCM is not getting all powers and grounds, or the PATS transceiver is bad. Will the PCM communicate with a scan tool? Are there any trouble codes stored?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris