Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have 2002 F350 with 7.3. The ac will blow cold air -10

Customer Question

Have 2002 F350 with 7.3. The ac will blow cold air for 5-10 minutes and the blow hot. When this happens the ac clutch is not engaged. I replaced the low pressure switch and it did not correct problem. Is there a relay switch on the ac
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

There is a relay used to energize the clutch, though its likely not the issue since it does work for a while. Any way you can monitor the AC pressures when its working to see if there is an issues there? Are you good with electrical diag and wire diagrams? I would like to go ahead and rule out a clutch issue. While running, AC on but not working. Use a broom handle and pop the face of the AC compressor clutch to see if it engages. If so then the clutch iar gap is excessive or the coil is weak.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris