Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

F-150 2WD Triton V*: Drivers side front end just started s

Customer Question

Drivers side front end just started squeaking.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Can you provide a little more detail?When braking, over bumps, turning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No effect when braking. Bumps produce the squeaking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The squeaking is not light. It is a deep almost grinding sound that I can duplicate by pushing on the front bumper. Pushing the driver side bumper up and down produces the noise and pushing the passenger side bumper up and down does not.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this is likely a control arm bushing or a ball joint.The ball joints are sealed I believe, but you could get some silicone spray and spray the heck out of the control arm bushings. Also do the shock bushings, then see if the noise changes. Sadly this is even how we would likely handle it in the shop as well as to not spend your hard earned dollars on a bunch of parts chasing this. If you lube the bushings and the sound quiets, then you know the bushings are the noise makers. If not then I would suspect the ball joints.