James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F150: I have a 2014 F150 with 7600 miles. After the vehicle

Customer Question

I have a 2014 F150 with 7600 miles. After the vehicle has run and is hot, when you shut it off the Service Advance Trak light comes on the whole steering system for the truck stops working.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. I would have it taken in. There have been a couple issues with electronic power steering. One is the motor can randomly fail. In your case it sounds like you may have an issue with the steering wheel angle sensor. The best way to find out would be to test for codes in the system and see if any come up. Since it isn't on all of the time it can simply be a calibration update concern that is needed to fix your issue.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.