Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F350: I have a 2005 ford f350 with a 6.8 motor just rebuilt.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford f350 with a 6.8 motor just rebuilt. It will idle but the butterfly's wont move when running like they are stuck
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Try removing the negative battery cable and then remove the TB (throttle body) and taking some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the TB a good cleaning. Once you have done so, reinstall the TB and the cable and start the engine and let it idle of 15 to 20 minutes to allow the PCM (computer) to relearn the closed throttle values. WHat usually happens is the computer loose the values for the TB once the battery cable was removed for the engine replacement and they need to be relearned. Give this a try and post back if it does not work and we can work from there if need be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried this twice and it did not work any other thoughts.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes, can you scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting?