Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer: Have a 1999 Ford Expedition transmission

Customer Question

Have a 1999 Ford Expedition transmission is slipping after vehicle warms up. Would changing fluid and filters correct it or does transmission need replaced ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Slipping means the rpms are climbing high and fast bit speed is not increasing equally. If that is what is occurring then no, fluid and filter replacement will not fix this, that requires an overhaul. If its doing something else then it may be a torque converter shudder or clunk which fluid and an additive can help on, or it can be a coil failing if it drives like it has the hiccups. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris