Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Explorer: My ac is cold but it doesn't blow very forceful....it

Customer Question

My ac is cold but it doesn't blow very forceful....it sounds like the air is partially being diverted to dash. Hubby has taken dash apart and damper moves freely, not an issue....what else could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
When using the HVAC on the 3 settings defrost, panel, and floor. When set on these individually are you getting minimal to no air from a different output than you have selected?Does the air force increase on max?Have you checked for a restricted recirculated air or fresh air intake?Any odd odors which can mean mold growth on the AC evaporator coils? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Air Force does increase just not to what my other explorer puts out. No smells in truck and air does not change based on output direction ie feet, defrost....it blows but not very much comes out. In fact the ac is cold but my back gets sweaty in the truck because it doesn't blow hard enough to cool you off.
Are there 4 distinct blower speeds?Did you check the air intakes for restriction?Is this is a new issue or a new vehicle to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, yes and it's been an issue since ingot the vehicle in the spring.
It may not even be an issue, just a different operating system than your accustomed to. Is there any way you can compare it to another 02-06 explorer, those all have the same HVAC system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son has a 2003 Explorer and the AC system is much more forceful than the one I have...thats why I believe there's an issue. It also sounds like the AC is blowing air behind the dash....
Since you have checked and ruled out everything I have mentioned, then its time to get the dash out to check for damage to the HVAC plenum preventing all the air flow from coming out the dash vents.