A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Explorer Eddie Bauer: Vehicle stalls when idling and even when

Customer Question

Vehicle stalls when idling and even when driving. The engine just shuts off. It has been to the ford dealership and other repair shops but no one can seem to find anything wrong with it. Currently, it has been overheating and needs a new head gasket. Problems may not be related.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
With the vehicle overheating and the bad head gasket, it will be hard to properly diagnose the stalling issue. The overheating head gasket issue may have been causing the stall till the overheating actually showed up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most of the stalling is in the afternoon, if that makes a difference. It has been going on for over a year. The overheating started this past Saturday.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Did they ever get any trouble codes from the vehicles modules during the previous repairs?