Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 Ford 500 - 72K miles: i own a Ford(###) ###-####model with

Customer Question

i own a Ford(###) ###-####model with only 73,000 miles and in the last couple of days the following happened.
1) the dash light that has the car and lock symbol that reflects the theft control system is on permantenly.
2) when my wife drove into the garage she shut the vehicle off and locked the doors as she always does.
3) everything went off. lights flashed, horn blew, (horn finally stopped) but lights did not until the battery ran down an hour or so later.
4) i had the battery charged but now nothing works. no lights, will not start, the theft control light is on when i try to start the vehicle.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
With the key in the run position, is the theft light flashing?With the key in the run position is the instrument cluster lighting up and the gauges getting to register?Any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle?Will it at least crank?Currently the symptoms are pointing to the smart junction box to blame. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris