Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F150 5.8l xlt 4x4: Where do I start dtc 0385, 0155, 1351.

Customer Question

Where do I start dtc 0385, 0155, 1351.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answer . By looking at the codes it seems you have a bad distribuitor because you have cam and cranck sensor codes and one 02 sensor code, you have an ignition system afecting your 02 sensor. have you try a distribuitor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just new plugs, cap and rotor. what is the difference between black icm and gray icm? with gray icm f150 seems to run better but has three more codes 171, 174, and 0300
the Gray ICM has an input from the starter circuit so that when its engaged it ignores SPOUT signals Also, the GRay one controls ignition dwell.
the codes are there because the computer does not see a dwell and it sets the codes but does not affect the engine at all , is just the codes become permanent.
can we do this call tomorrow ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can call me tomorrow thanks