Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford 250: We have a 2003 F250 with a 7.3 diesel engine. When

Customer Question

We have a 2003 F250 with a 7.3 diesel engine. When we put the computer on it to check for codes it shows the temp as being -40. We live in FL so that is not an the case. We replaced the sensor and it shows the same. We check a friend's truck that has the same truck and his shows the same. Is this an error or what should we do. Our truck has dropped some power during towing and we are trying to figure out why and what to do.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.If two trucks are showing the same thing I would assume the problem is in your scan tool and not the truck. Does the temp gauge on the dash show ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Temp on dash shows okay. We used 2 different scanners. The truck is loosing turbo pressure when towing.
Do either of those scan tools show live data? If so let me know when you have a scan tool and the truck and some time to go back and forth. I need some information.