James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2004 Expedition. My check battery chime will just

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Expedition. My check battery chime will just start going off. I hit reset and it stops. Got a new battery. Still does it. The check tire indicator comes on and off.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. The battery light is going to be caused by a failing charging system. The alternator is probably original and beginning to fail. It happens when the brushes wear out or the diodes begins to fail. You will want to have the alternator tested and replace it if it's failing.
As for the tire pressure light. If it flashes this usually means a sensor has failed or isn't being seen. If the light comes on and stays solid then the problem is going to be a low tire on one or more tires.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.