EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Explorer Sport: the sun roof on my 1999 ford explorer sport

Customer Question

the sun roof on my 1999 ford explorer sport doesn't open or close with the switch but today opened on it's own while i was driving... how can I get it to close
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.It sounds like the sunroof motor works and you got a problem in your switch. I would access the sunroof motor connector above the overhead console and run power and ground directly to it to get it closed then unplug it and leave it unplugged until you get it fixed. I am attaching instructions to remove the console to access the motor connector. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks.
Sorry. Here is the attachment. Forgot to attach it.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Have you had a chance to check or replace your sunroof switch?