Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

Chris, I have a 2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 and the battery

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I have a 2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 and the battery light stays on..I have changed the alternator and also a new battery
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, have you checked the charging voltage? a new alternator does not mean that it is good, we will need to check the charging voltage, and then the wires to the alternator and then the connection to the pcm. let me know what the voltage is.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
here is a alternator wiring diagram, the fault is most likely still the alternator, you will have to have it double checked and tested. hope this helps.Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČKeep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou. https://www.mediafire.com/?6kdzvbcwyk3ozs9
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.