Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Ford: 2002 ford Taurus , no acceleration, when car is cold

Customer Question

2002 ford Taurus , no acceleration, when car is cold it drives fine, as soon as it warms up, it has no acceleration and bogs down
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. It definitely sounds like the converter is the problem which would make the EGR melt. You can install a pressure tester in oxygen sensor hole to see if pressure goes over a few psi while reving engine if so converter is clogged. You would need to have a major oil, fuel, or coolant consumption problem for new converter to clog that fast so I'd suspect the front converter. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.