Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Taurus: 2001 ford taurus b1260 code. I,m not getting any movement

Customer Question

2001 ford taurus b1260 code. I,m not getting any movement from the actuator after changing it out. Rob
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This code usually means the Sunload Sensor has failed. Access the solar radiation sensor (the anti-theft light). Unplug it, jump the Brown wire to the Black and Yellow wire. Re-run the test, if a B1261 sets, replace the sensor. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, That bi-pass did the trick. Now i just need to get the right part.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear, this is probably a dealership only part. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.