Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Sport trac: I was moving my seat on my 2004 sport trac, and

Customer Question

I was moving my seat on my 2004 sport trac, and moved it all the way forward.
Went trying to move it back, the power seat stopped working along with windows, radio, interlock, cluster, chime
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Check fuse #15 15A in the Battery Junction Box (BJB) and fuses #15 5A and 21 5A in the Central Junction Box (CJB) (interior fuse panel) to verify all fuses are in place and have battery voltage with key on.I imagine one will be blown.Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no #21 in the 2004 Sport Trac EXT. Also #15 is a 7.5 not a 5A
OK it must be an early production. Do you have a 10 amp fuse 39 in the battery junction box? If so check it for power and make sure the fuse is good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hold on. Check to see if the fuse is good or check to see if there's power? Just want to clarify the fuse is good
Check both. Either use a multimeter set on OHMS to check across the two little holes in the top of the fuse and with it set on DC volts check the two little holes for voltage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did continuity and physicality checked the fuse. Pass. DC voltage, 0 with key on or off. Fail
Check fuse 47 of the BJB in the same manner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuses stop at 44 in the bjb
It seems my diagrams are wrong on this vehicle. Im gonna opt out and let another expert step in who hopefully has the right diagrams. I dont want to waste your time checking with the wrong diagrams.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ty