Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Myn2005 eddie bauer expedition will only blow a/c out the

Customer Question

hi myn2005 eddie bauer expedition will only blow a/c out the defrost no other vent selection is working ive already done the self test and the other test and no code are present. I turned the fann speed down low and when I select a different vent I hear a click any idea what I can do to fix it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
mode door actuator, they are plastic and strip the gears inside. when u turn switch does it keep clicking a steady click?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a push button module and no its only one click per setting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any chance its vacuum problem?
it definetly could be a vac. problem, behind glove box should be the easiest place to see if there is vac. into the vehicle, should be a black or gray plastic line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw the grey line earlier going threw the fire wall. I checked the valve connected to it under the hood and it seemed to have pressure there. but where does it connect by the glove box
there should be a disconnect under or behind the glove box, easy to disconnect when removing the dash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from that point how would I diagnose from there?
if there is vac. at the disconect then remove the control unit and see if there is vac. there then go to the actuator under the dash while turning the switch to see if the control/switch is working, also if the control unit is out and glove box is down you should be able to see were the clicking is coming from
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there multiple actuators or just the one on the driver side to the right of the gas pedal?
if it has dual climate control it has two of everything if not it has one temp. blend door actuator, mode door actuator and both have a fresh air actuator , some are vac. controlled and some are electric controlled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok well I guess will take the dash apart and check for vac. and go from there thanks for the help
i hope everything works out for you,