James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Windstar: My passenger side window does not go up. My mechanic

Customer Question

My passenger side window does not go up. My mechanic changed the window motor twice, the 1st one was ordered online because local dealers would take 4 -6 weeks to bring in, (Hawaii) that one stopped working within a month. By that time the Ford dealer had gotten one in so my mechanic installed that about 3 months ago. Today the window was working but is now in the open position and nothing happens with either control, driver or passenger.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello is the only thing you have done is replace the window motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes twice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the rear passenger window connected to the front passenger window in any way, it has not worked since I bought the car in 2010. Seems like something else is going on if 2 motors stopped working. Window does seem like it is experiencing some resistance sometime. Driver side window hits like a hard spot about 3/4 of the way down too. Need to push button 2 or 3 times in auto mode.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I would replace the master window switch. When you press the button many times the switch has internal resistance causing the issue. I would replace the switch and this should make the problem go away.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to remove the door panel to remove the Master Switch. Is there any way to clean it so I can get the window back up while I try to get a new one.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
You don't need to remove the door panel. The piece of trim will pull straight up and can remove the switch easily. You can clean it with contact cleaner or you can take apart the switch and clean it and sometimes that will work also.