A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

SHO: How do I remove instrument cluster ? I have gottin as

Customer Question

How do I remove instrument cluster ? I have gottin as far as it is loose but I guess a harnish or cable is keeping it from coming out
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
You will have to disconnect the speedometer cable from behind the instrument cluster. It is tricky, but can be done. You will have to lay under the drivers side of the dash and reach up under the dash to the speedometer cable. You have to push the tab on the side of the cable right at the cluster to release the cable. It is not easy at all. Feel the cable at the back of the cluster and you will feel a flat tab on the end. Press the flat tab which will release the cable from the cluster.