A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

F-250 7.3 L diesel: Where can I find repair manuals, diagrams,

Customer Question

Where can I find repair manuals, diagrams, etc., for 1989 F-250 7.3 L diesel truck
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Where have you looked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not looked anywhere yet. I checked my local AutoZone and they don't carry/sell any manuals (Haynes/Chiltons) for diesel trucks at all, which surprised me. So I was about to google and order from Amazon or Ebay; have not done that yet; saw this website, thought I would give you guys a try, paid my $28 and hope I can find the kind of resources that the Ford dealer mechanic uses to work on my truck or something similar; very simple but comprehensive. I was also surprised that I don't find more videos for the 7.3L diesel on Youtube. Maybe because it is such a limited narrow model amonge all the Ford trucks. I have come to the point where I want to do more repairs myself, as a sort of hobby; and understanding and knowing how things work is not intuitive for me at all. I need to see photos, diagrams and read how to DIY.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
The best place is the internet like EBAY or AMAZON. There are CDs out there that have all the manuals on them. Finding the paper book versions in next to impossible.
Below is a complete set on EBAY. Ford combined them with the Broncos, F250 and F350.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Ford-F-150-250-F-350-BRONCO-ECONOLINE-Truck-Service-Shop-Repair-Manual-Set-/351461164532?hash=item51d4b7c5f4&vxp=mtr