Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 4x4: I have a 1996 Ford explorer,

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Ford explorer, Eddie Bauer edition that we're having trouble with the speedometer jumping up and down. It doesn't start moving until we get up to about 30 mph. We've replaced the speedometer, fuses, VSS, Abs speed sensor.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband is working on this today. Any help you can give us would be great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist
do you have a scan tool??? it would help as you can tell if there is a signal coming from the vss to the pcm which in turn sends the signal off to the speedometer.
Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris-aka Moose answered us yesterday. He's been working with us on this Explorer. Thank you for responding tho',
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** you been able to verify the signal from the PCM to the speedometer using your scanner?