James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F250 6.0l: I have a 2006 f250 6.0.....wipers do not work, but

Customer Question

I have a 2006 f250 6.0.....wipers do not work, but when I leave them on in any speed they'll randomly work, I changed the switch and same result
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello if you put the wipers on high speed to they work better?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
High speed low speed it's a matter of luck or hittin the right bump in the road
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did just put a meter to the plug at the wiper motor and was giving me high numbers
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
This usually is an indication the windings in the wiper motor are failing. If you turn on the motor you can smack the motor with your hand and it will come on again.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fixed it, Ty for you time
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
What did you find wrong with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Motor, when I had started this I hadn't dug into anything till after
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Great. I'm glad you were able to fix it. Please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.