Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, Ford, Chrysler, nissan, mazda...30 years. ASE Master, troubleshooter
2947720

F250: i have a 2006 f250, ac is not cooling very well

Customer Question

i have a 2006 f250, ac is not cooling very well for 2 weeks now. i want to try putting new freon in and i have a can and a connector. my connector fits the connection on what i believe is the receiver. the other connection is by the radiator. but my qd doesn't fit that one. which one is it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
The system gets charged by the low side. That is the service port on or near the receiver/drier. Although it is best to monitor both side to be sure that there are no restrictions on the system, adding a small amount of R134A to see if it gets cooler will tell you if that is the problem.
.
Here is a diagram of the (basic) AC system that is used on it. Number 1 is the low side, (charge) serviec port.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtm92gis77xbn6g/AC%20system.gif?dl=0
….
Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.
.