Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford escort zx2: how do I put my ford escort zx2 shifter assembly

Customer Question

how do I put my ford escort zx2 shifter assembly back together I cannot get it into neutral HELP
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is***@******.***
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
At the base of the shifter on the linkage rod you will need to push it forward or pull it rearward to get it into the neutral position. The U shaped connection needs to be able to rotate clockwise and counter clockwise when its in the neutral position. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris