Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford windstar: It started with radio fuse andfront wipers

Customer Question

It started with blown radio fuse andfront wipers not working now that's working it would crank a couple of times but not start now will not crank at all in hooked battery and changed starter relay 2002 windstar
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Below is the starting diagram.If you remove the starter relay, are there 2 pins there that have power while trying to start?With the key on, jump a wire from pin 30-87 at the removed starter relay, does it crank and start? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that cranked but did not start
Okay there is more going on than a starting issue. The PCM is preventing the vehicle from starting as well as running. The check engine light should be on with the key on, this tells us the PCM is powered up, do you get this?Is the theft light OFF with the key on, this means the theft system is not triggered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I put the car n the shop
Glad your getting it resolved.