Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F350 Super Duty 4x4 Dually: My 1999 F350 7.3L is stalling while

Customer Question

My 1999 F350 7.3L is stalling while under power. Freeway or parking lot. New batteries. It will restart, normally. Once had a little difficulty.
This just started.
330,000 miles. Was traveling at 60+ mph. It just started loosing power. did not stall completely the first time. but after a few episodes like this, it would die completely and I would coast to a stop. If I wait a few minutes, it willstart up fine and run for a bit. It could be 30 seconds or 30 miles.
The terminals are fine, gauges all look normal. normal oil level. new fuel.
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
sounds like the fuel tank delaminating, after it runs for a while all the debris collects at the pickup in the tank and after it turns off the fuel runs out of the pickup and pushes the debris away from pickup and will run till it collects again, you can see the debris if you remove nthe sending unit, also we have radiator company around here that cooks them and recoats them with a warranty which is alot cheaper than replacing the tank, its a 1000.00 dollar bill to replace,and 300.00 to fix if you have a shop that does this