Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

4.2 V6: Ford freestar 2004 4.2 V6 door locks not open or close.

Customer Question

Ford freestar 2004 4.2 V6 door locks not open or close. Intemittent.
Only driver works.
Back Door locked can't open. Permanent.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
You mentioned, your not going to do the diag and repair for this concern. I assume your just looking for what to expect at the shop. The first thing they are going to do is remove the door panel from any door that the lock is inoperable and verify the actuator is not getting a power and ground command. If they are then the lock actuators are faulty. If there is no signal then its a module concern most likely. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like the diagrams locations to check, part numbers, wire diagrams too.
I have sent you an invite to accept so I can send the diagrams.