Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Fusion sport: 2010 fusion sport 3.5 check engine light came

Customer Question

2010 fusion sport 3.5 check engine light came on.car still drives fine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most auto parts stores besides those in California such as AutoZone will do the scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise you on the correct repair. In most cases you will not notice any running concerns because the computer has a back up system that compensate for the loss of signal.