Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2004 ford f150 heritage 4.6 the wipers and radio

Customer Question

hi I have a 2004 ford f150 heritage 4.6 the wipers and radio also heater don t work when its running but when key is turned in assorie they work like they should I took it to advanced auto to put on computer and codes b1676 p1000 p1633 c1096 c1155 and
c1158 came up I looked them up they are saying battery pack out of range keep alive memory volt low and other thing can u please tell me what this all means whats the big picture and is it fixable ty
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps in the link below. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't get what I'm looking at
Do you know what and where the ignition switch is on the steering column?Do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know where it is I bought a new one went to put it on it was wrong part so I looked up the Ford serial number on it it came up as an ignition switch for a 96 ranger I put a brand new one in it does the same thing and no voltage meter
So we need to test this wire going into the fuse box, to see if the wire is broken, do you have a test light?We need something that can test for power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can get one tomorrow so test that wire starting at the ignition switch ? Now what about the codes that came up saying things like battery pack out of range ,keep alive memory volt low ,hydraulic pump motor open circuit , on board diagnostics monitor drive cycle test not complete it it part of that wire I'm testing or different
The website only allows us to diagnose one concern per post. So I went with the first issue you mentioned. On this question if you would rather me address the codes instead let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank anyway
Your welcome.