James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford e 450 shuttle bus eldor: 2004 diesel 6.0 Eng start and

Customer Question

2004 diesel 6.0 Eng start and dies and the water in diesel shows on dash board when in idle isn't acceleration feels like the throttle is broken
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you have any codes? When it starts does it die right away or does it run for a short while at all? If you remove the top fuel filter is it full of fuel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will check the codes and the fuel filter when i get home i contact you tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you James I can not used the computer at work
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good. The first thing like I said is to check the fuel. It sounds like the vehicle has low fuel pressure. My other thought was if the egr valve was stuck open but you replaced the egr valve. I think there is a fuel pressure concern though.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.