Stacy Farist
Stacy Farist,
Experience:  Lead Mechanic at NTB
2361730

I have a 2003 Ford Windows 3.8 and just got my AC compressor,

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford Windows 3.8 and just got my AC compressor, condensor, valve, etc changed and want to know what the temperature should be at the vents as for me it doesnt seem cold like it was before my ac went out. it is cool, but not cold. also what freon pressure should be for this, the high and the low pressure for it to be correct.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Stacy Farist replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for using justanswer.com. Ill be glad to help. As a rule ööd thumb, if you have a 30° difference at the center vents as compared to the outside temp your ac is functioning like it should. As far as gauge pressure readings go the low side should be around 30 and the high side 210. Those are normal readings. However you have to take into account the outside temp and humidity levels.
If the temp is high and high humidity. It will escalate your pressures slightly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you have the ford service manual for this to indicate the pressures as I know some other vehicles have different numbers.

Is this a windstar? Does it have front and rear air? You stated a windows, im thinkng it should have been windstar? What are your pressures?
Ok according to Ford at 90° ambient temp the low side should be 24psi,the high side should be 190psi. If you have agent other questions Ill be glad to help. Sorry for delay computers went down. If you are happy with your answer please rate positive. Thank you.