EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Ford f150: , my husband removed his throttle body to clean

Customer Question

Hi, my husband removed his throttle body to clean it, reattached it, and drove it to reset it. Now there is oil everywhere and it barely runs. It looks like the connectors to the throttle body have cracked. Would that cause a complete shut down of the engine and leaking oil? We are hoping it is not something more significant! Thanks!
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Cracked throttle body connectors could cause engine shut down if any of the wires are damaged or not making good contact. And I would not see how an oil leak can develop from replacing the throttle body. It might have existed already.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
If you want to attach some pictures of what you are seeing I can look at them and see if I can get a better idea of what might be going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have him send some in a moment. We found the wiring repair kit to replace the cracked connectors. He just isn't sure about how to install them, as the directions are vague. Any help you can give in regards ***** ***** them would be greatly appreciated!
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll let you know when I view the pics. Send a pic of the repair kit to.